Shift the Conversation: Community Health and Wellbeing
A primary health care conference to promote the best possible health and wellbeing for everyone in Ontario
June 2 & 3, 2015 | Sheraton Parkway Toronto North, 600 HWY-7 E | Richmond Hill, Ontario
This conference was about working together to create a more integrated, interconnected, people and community-centred health system. During the two-day session there will also be a strong emphasis on advancing upstream interventions that prevent people from getting sick in the first place.
Conference themes included:
- System-Wide Integration: Working better together to create more integrated health and social services systems.
- Working Upstream: Healthier public policy and upstream interventions that prevent illness, promote health and create a culture of wellbeing.
- Primary Health Care at the Foundation: Building a stronger foundation for the delivery of primary health care.
- Breaking Down Barriers: Improving services and supports for people with barriers with an emphasis on best practice models to support people with mental health and addiction issues.
- Clinical Leadership and Quality Improvement: Strengthening leadership for quality improvement with a focus on clinical best practices.
- Maximizing Community Governance: Enhancing the leadership role of governance in health system transformation.
Please click on the image links below for plenary videos and keynotes, learning session presentations, photos and other conference materials.
And you can also listen to the keynote address from Dr. Gabor Maté here (1:05):