About Information Management Strategy (IMS)
The central themes of Ontario’s eHealth Blueprint are connectivity, innovation and a commitment to improve care and outcomes. The AOHC, its Board of Directors, as well as the CHC and AHAC Executive Director Networks share this commitment. As an association representing 85 health care organizations, we have a unique vantage point from which to drive efficiency through the system. We are working hard to provide a framework to implement Ontario's vision of a common Electronic Health Record (EHR).
The IM strategy outlined below is designed to facilitate our move towards resource consolidation and sector-wide management of cost-effective health information management solutions. This plan to improve the quality of care for more than 400,000 people across the province was guided by two key principles:
- IMS supports the strategic direction of Ontario’s CHCs, which is guided by the CHC Model of Health & Wellbeing
- CHCs act collectively to own their information and information management systems.
IMS will focus on these work streams:
- eHealth Alignment, including the AOHC Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Project and Drug Profile Viewer (DPV) System Project
- Non-Operational Reporting and Analytics (NORA)
- Ontario Healthcare Reporting Standards/Management Information Systems (OHRS/MIS)
- Community Initiatives Online (CI Tool)