You are here
Primary Care Physician
Title: Primary Care Physician
Expiry Date: 23 March 2018
Start date: April 30th, 2018 – May 2019
Posting Type: Maternity Leave. One year contract - 21 hrs. per week
Are you ready for the challenge of providing responsive primary care to population groups that come from around the globe, addressing access barriers to the provision of primary health care while maintaining a healthy work-life balance?
If you would like to make a real difference in the lives of individuals and families who have recently immigrated to Toronto, please consider this exciting opportunity to be a primary care physician at Access Alliance Multicultural Health and Community Services.
Access Alliance Multicultural Health and Community Services is committed to and works to promote health and well-being and improved access to services for immigrants and refugees in Toronto by addressing medical, social, economic, settlement and integration and environmental issues. The Centre envisions a future in which diverse individuals, families and communities can achieve health with dignity.
Our dynamic and collaborative inter-professional team includes family physicians, nurse practitioners, community health nurses, social workers, dieticians, physiotherapist, psychiatric consultants, health promoters and a cutting-edge medical interpretation program. We operate three well-equipped centres, covering the city’s west end, east end and downtown. All are easily accessible by public transport. To learn more about Access Alliance, our programs, services and locations, please visit our website: http://accessalliance.ca.
We are seeking a Family Physician who will embrace our fundamental concept of access to services as well as our holistic approach to primary care. In our model, physicians deal with a complex and challenging roster of clients supported by the skills of an integrated health services team including education, health promotion, prevention and early intervention. We encourage everyone to work at their highest capacity.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Current license to practice medicine and registered with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Current CMPA coverage
- Strong clinical skills and the ability to manage multiple and complex health issues in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability, commitment to and knowledge of community health care;
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with clients in a culturally diverse practice population;
- Excellent communication, decision-making, problem-solving, conflict and time management skills;
- Proficiency in the use of computers and appropriate software applications;
- Second language, relevant to catchment area populations, is an asset.
- ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and on-call
- commitment to anti-racism, anti-poverty and combating other forms of discrimination
- 2 years + general practice experience is an asset
How to Apply
With “Physician” in the subject heading, please send your resume and cover letter by 5:00 pm, March 23, 2018 via email to: email@example.com or
by Regular Mail: Hiring Committee, Physician, AAMHCS. 340 College Street, Suite 500, Toronto, ON, M5T 3A9.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that a criminal background check (Vulnerable sector) will be conducted for this position.
We encourage applications from individuals who reflect the broad diversity of communities we work with. Access Alliance encourages a scent-free environment.