You are here
Medical Office Assistant
WellFort is seeking a Medical Office Assistant!
Full Time Permanent
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary and oral health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, Bramalea CHC, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
- Provides excellent customer support services with the ability to adapt/respond to diverse clients
- Provides in person and telephone reception for clients, staff and visitors
- Performs tasks related to panel management and quality improvement initiatives
- Manages busy reception area, client’s needs and maintains an inclusive and welcoming environment
- Books appointments, downloads results, completes referrals, and maintains electronic health records
- Performs administrative duties such as scanning, scheduling, flyers, letters and data collection
- A certificate or diploma in Medical Office Administration or a related field
- Minimum two years experience working in a community based health setting
- Proficiency with computers and various software programs including EMR
- Ability to multi task and prioritize in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven Customer Service skills and experience with strong customer service focus
- Fluency with languages relevant to residents of Peel an asset
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the requirement process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and our hours of operation. As such the position entails evening and weekend work.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may send resume and cover letter by March 18th, 2018 to email@example.com
Please put “MOA 0318” in the subject line.
Only successful candidates will be contacted and we respectfully request no phone calls.