You are here
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centers is a community based, non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the North West Local Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking two FTE Therapists, who as valuable members of the Community Health Centre team, will provide counselling (to individuals, couples and families) facilitate groups and promote good mental health via a variety of programs and activities to partnering clinics in Thunder Bay.
- Masters’ degree in health or a social science related discipline.
- Specific training in psychotherapy, with a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to be an effective team member as well as work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaboration with clients.
- Ability to effectively assess and provide services to medically and socially complex clients.
- Ability to work with individuals and facilitate groups as needed.
- Ability to work individually with clients, and in a group setting.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and software applications.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to socio-economic and cultural issues.
- Demonstrated ability to provide culturally competent care to vulnerable populations.
- A current driver's license and ability to a vehicle to travel to designated outreach clinics.
How to Apply
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
The deadline for applicants is Friday, June 22, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.