You are here
9 MONTH CONTRACT
HOURLY RATE: $30.00
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service Centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of Riverdale and East Toronto.
We are currently looking for a Research Associate to work with the Toronto Community Hepatitis C Program (TCHCP) to undertake and/or support a variety of research and evaluation tasks. The TCHCP is a multidisciplinary partnership between South Riverdale Community Health Centre, Regent Park Community Health Centre and Sherbourne Health Centre, with specialist support from Michael Garron Hospital. Research conducted by the TCHCP is collaborative and action-oriented. The role of the Research Associate will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Working with a TCHCP Community Support Worker, co-coordinate and support the data collection phase of a peer delivered outreach-based hepatitis C point-of-care testing evaluation
- Ensure appropriate regulations are adhered to in the conduct of research
- Ensure oversight of the administration of the project including management of budget, maintaining timelines, and project documentation and reporting
- Participate in training and ongoing supervision of a team of 15 peer researchers (people with lived experience of hepatitis C and substance use)
- Coordinate project communication for external partners, TCHCP staff, TCHCP patient advisory board and study team
- Support knowledge dissemination of other research activities related to hepatitis C and/or drug use including: literature reviews, manuscript writing, creating plain language reports and other materials
- Master Degree in related discipline (ex: sociology, public health, social work) or equivalent research experience
- Two plus years of related research experience
- Experience with conduct of the administration of quantitative surveys
- Experience with qualitative data analysis
- Project management skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)Excellent organization, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working with marginalized populations, particularly people who use drugs and/or are experiencing homelessness
- Knowledge of community services and resources; commitment to harm reduction practices and principles
- Research experience in a community-based setting using a participatory research approach and principles is considered an asset
- Police clearance documentation will be required for employment
How to Apply
The deadline for applicants is June 25, 2018, at 5:00 p.m.
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee – Research Associate
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
No emails, faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
SRCHC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.