You are here
Posting – 1.0 FTE Physician
Smiths Falls and Merrickville District Community Health Centres
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Smiths Falls and Merrickville District Community Health Centres
Annual Salary: $220, 303.00 - $256, 832.00
DEPARTMENT: Primary Health Care
REPORTS TO: Director, Primary Health Care
The family physician (MD) is an integral member of the staff of the Rideau Community Health Services (RCHS). He/she is also the key member of the primary health care team of the RCHS, an interdisciplinary team complementing physicians with nurses, dieticians, respiratory therapist, pharmacist, social worker and chiropodist. Care may be delivered at the Centre or in the client’s home. The Physician provides clinical consultation to the Nurse Practitioners and the Nurses. As co-workers, the members of the primary health care team meet regularly to ensure efficient and effective client care through case conferences, updating policies and procedures and peer review
- Provides comprehensive primary care to clients including assessment, diagnosis, treatment and planning
- Provides direct primary health care to clients of the RCHS in a manner which emphasizes client education and health promotion
- Ensures telephone on-call services are provided after Centre hours in accordance with agreed upon duty rosters
- Is available for case conferences, individual and team consultations and problem solving around clients, case work and general service issues ensuring clients receive comprehensive, competent and appropriate care
- Identifies areas where the development of or improvement to clinical protocols and procedures is needed and to assist in their development and implementation
- Is responsible for the development and implementation of forms, treatment protocols, follow-up procedures, research projects and data collection
- Provides leadership, supervision and guidance in the general operations of RCHS and in the day-to-day activities of the primary care services
- Ensures that an accurate record of appropriate treatment is kept by maintaining clients’ records, assessment notes and correspondence within the safeguard of confidentiality using the established electronic medical record format
- Works in a manner that preserves confidentiality and seeks to minimize risk.
- Work in a manner that incorporates health promotion and recognizes the determinants of health.
- Incorporate and strengthen collaborative and interdisciplinary teamwork.
- Respects and values the diversity of communities and individuals.
- Maintains competence and professional licence to practice.
- Supports the student and volunteer placement programs.
- Promotes awareness of and participates RCHS activities.
- Compliance with all mandated legal/regulatory requirements related to working at CCHC, e.g. Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety, standards of professional conduct, etc.
- Contributes to the work by participating in meetings and committees.
- Work both regular and extended hours of operation in locations identified by the RCHS.
- Contributes to the RCHS’ practices of hiring, orienting, training and mentoring staff. Contributes to the efforts to secure and maximize resources for current and new programs, services and activities.
- Participates in the efforts to enhance its capacity through staff development.
- Supports and complies with the Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Maintaining up-to-date professional skills and knowledge through formal and informal training.
The physician must be a member in good standing of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario and be duly qualified and licensed to practice medicine in the province of Ontario. He or she will complement sound clinical knowledge with an approach to client care which emphasizes client involvement and education and health promotion activities.
The physician is responsible to his/her professional body (College of Physicians and Surgeons and College of Family Physicians) for the standard and quality of care provided in his/her clinical responsibilities. As a member of the staff, the physician is accountable to other physicians for daily clinical activities and to the Director of Primary Health Care. Ultimately, he/she is responsible to the Board of Directors of the RCHS.
How to Apply
Interested individuals should submit their expressions of interest to:
Kelly Robinson, Director, Primary Care
Rideau Community Health Services
PO Box 550, 354 Read Street, Merrickville, ON, K0G 1N0
All applications are considered confidential.