You are here
Human Resources Assistant
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT
FULL-TIME, PERMANENT POSITION
SALARY RANGE: $36,195 - $42,583
INCLUDES HEALTH BENEFITS AND HOOPP
The South Riverdale Community Health Centre is a non-profit, multi-service Centre that provides primary health care, social and community outreach services with an emphasis on health promotion to residents of Riverdale and South East Toronto.
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for providing a variety of support within the Human Resources function, including in the areas of HRIS administration, recruitment, training and general HR administration. This position supports the preparation and maintenance of human resources documents, records and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain employee personnel files, including the coordination of archive and purging processes
- Prepare employee life-cycle documentation
- Support the recruitment process including receiving applications, scheduling interviews, preparation of interview material, reference checks, etc.
- Maintain applicant files and recruitment records
- Support the on-boarding process including the preparation of orientation material and assist with new employee orientation sessions
- Setup and tracking of new employee mandatory training utilizing the electronic learning tool, run reports and conduct follow-up to ensure completion as required
- Support Centre training initiatives including organization, logistics, material preparation, etc.
- Support the administration of the HRIS (data entry, reporting, etc.), ensuring accuracy and integrity of information
- Produce employee data reports as required
- Respond to staff questions regarding HR policies and procedures
- Perform day-to-day administrative duties (e.g. filing, photocopying), to support the human resources function
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Human Resources
- Understanding of relevant employment legislation
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- High proficiency in the use of computer technology and various software applications (MS Office, Human Resource Information Systems and training tools)
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and competing demands
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible and possess initiative
A police clearance letter completed within the past twelve (12) months will be required prior to commencing employment.
How to Apply
The deadline for applicants is Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee
Human Resources Assistant
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
No emails, faxes, phone calls, or requests to meet please.
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
“SRCHC encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.”