You are here
Full-time Primary Care Team Lead
Full-time Primary Care Team Lead
The Primary Care Team Lead is responsible for day to day supervision of the registered practical nurses, coordination of clinical operational issues and supporting effective team functioning at Port Hope Northumberland Community Health Centre (PHNCHC). The Primary Care Team Lead works collaboratively with the Primary Care Providers and reports to the Executive Director to support effective, consistent team function and relationships within the Primary Care Team and collaboration with other clinical services at PHNCHC.
The Primary Care Team Lead provides support to the Team Quality Improvement initiatives, clinical issues and scheduling. The Primary Care Team Lead provides on-going orientation of the Centre and the Team's policies, procedures and protocols for all team members and is responsible for coordinating the physical environment of the clinical area. The Primary Care Team Lead at PHNCHC provides direct service to clients as required.
- Bachelor of Nursing Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current and unrestricted registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
2. Professional Experience
- Three to five years of nursing experience preferably working in a community setting
3. Key Competencies
- Sound judgment
- Strong administrative , organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of an inter-disciplinary team
- Experience in the development and delivery of health education and health promotion programs
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of health care needs in small town/rural communities
- Knowledge of RPN scope of practice
- Understanding of College of Nurses of Ontario regulations
- Expertise in project management
ABOUT THE PHNCHC
The Port Hope Northumberland Community Health Centre (PHNCHC) is located in the Municipality of Port Hope.
The PHNCHC provides primary care, diabetes education, mental health counselling, geriatric outreach services, dental care, and many health promotion and community development activities to the communities within Northumberland County.
The primary target populations of the PHNCHC include; the frail elderly, those with mental health and addictions problems, youth at risk, and those living in poverty. It is held that effective primary health care addresses the social determinants of health, including social inclusion, access to shelter, education, income and employment security, food and stable eco-systems. It encompasses primary care, illness prevention and health promotion, using community development toward building healthy public policy in supportive environments.
- Organizes and oversees daily operations in order to facilitate the effective and efficient operation of the primary care team
- Coordinates continuity of patient care with external healthcare organizations and facilities, including hospital admission and discharge and referrals from the primary care provider to a specialty care provider
- Responds to tangible barriers to care such as finances, housing, transportation, childcare, prescriptions costs etc. and refers to appropriate source for barrier reduction as needed
- Functions as a member of an interdisciplinary team to assess, secure and coordinate appropriate services through the continuum of care
- Participates on a team for data collection, health outcomes reporting, clinical audits, and programmatic evaluation
- Assists client access to community services as an advocate and navigator
- Facilitates health education for clients, including leading group office visits
- Assesses patients for psychosocial distress and referral to social workers or counsellor if more intensive support is required
- Ensures health information is accessible and current, and can be explained in language conducive to patient’s level of understanding
- Facilitates clients, families and caregivers to assume as much responsibility for care as possible, within the constraints of their circumstances
- Works with the RPNs to organize, and implement the chart audit process at PHNCHC and reviews results with Executive Director
- Assists with the development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and continuous quality improvement initiatives to meet program, community and center needs
- Organizes and chairs monthly Primary Care Team meetings
- Participates in internal and external committees and activities as appropriate
- Provides direct supervision for the RPNs
- Completes performance reviews for the RPNs
- Participates in the hiring and selection process for primary care positions
- Authorizes RPN overtime, and leave requests
A current Vulnerable Persons Criminal Reference Check will be required.
The PHNCHC offers a competitive compensation package which includes HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan). Salary range for this position will be $72,000 - $80,000 commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume, to email@example.com citing “Full-time Primary Care Team Lead”. This competition will remain open until such time as the position is filled.
Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
As part of our ongoing commitment to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, the Port Hope Northumberland Community Health Centre will provide assistance to applicants who request accommodation throughout the recruitment process.