You are here
Full-time Permanent Position
35 hours per week: Commencing April 2018 (or as soon as possible)
The Family Physician practicing at Seaway Valley Community Health Centre (SVCHC) provides longer appointment times and lower patient volumes than many other primary care settings. We employ five primary care providers who work closely with a multidisciplinary medical team of nurses, social worker, dietitian, community outreach workers, and medical secretaries. We offer an opportunity to work flexible hours and practice in a manner that promotes work / life balance.
The salary in our rural underserviced area is $249,992.
SVCHC provides full benefits to its employees, including
- 10 paid CME days per year.
- HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan)
- Paid statutory holidays - 10 days paid per year
- 4 weeks of paid vacation per year, plus 3 paid personal emergency days
- 12 Paid sick leave days per year and other leaves as per employment legislation
- Short term and Long Term disability programs
- Health and Dental Benefits coverage
- Flexible work schedule
- No overhead costs or management challenges associated with private practice.
We are looking for practitioners with the following qualifications:
- Medical degree and family medicine residency from a recognized university; CCFP designation; licensed to practice in Ontario and in good standing.
- Interest and experience in working in community health settings with nurses in an expanded role and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Interest in working with disadvantaged groups and marginalized populations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and sound judgement.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and relevant software applications; experience with electronic medical records an asset.
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation an asset.
- Available to work one evening per week.
- Proficient in English required.
- French and/or fluency in another language pertinent to our client population an asset.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and a cover letter to:
Debbie St John-de Wit, Executive Director
Seaway Valley Community Health Centre
353 Pitt Street Cornwall, ON K6J 3R1
Telephone: 613-930-4892, ext. 101
The Centre is committed to employment equity. Should you require accessibility accommodation, or require further information, please the number noted above.