You are here
Bilingual Nurse Practitioner, RN
Bilingual Nurse Practitioner, RN (Extended Class) - (0.6FTE) – Primary Care
Fixed term part-time contract of 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Working as part of an interdisciplinary team and within a group practice with other nurse practitioners and physicians, the Nurse Practitioner, RN (EC) provides primary health care services with strong emphasis on disease prevention and health promotion. All services are provided in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario’s Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses in the Extended Class.
- Bachelor degree in Nursing.
- Registration in the Extended Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Two years experience as a Nurse Practitioner, RN (EC), preferably in a community primary care setting, including working with clients throughout the life cycle and across the wellness-to-illness continuum.
- Current professional liability coverage
- Knowledge of and commitment to community-based health care
- Skills and experience working with diverse and marginalized populations.
- Ability to work effectively, independently and in a multi-disciplinary team setting.
- Expertise in dealing with mental health and addiction issues.
- Strong clinical assessment skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficient with Windows-based computer systems, in particular email and MS Word.
- Available to work scheduled evenings.
- Expertise in working with the homeless and/or marginally housed
- Knowledge of harm reduction philosophy
- Experience in Outreach
- Experience in Case Management
- Experience with Nightingale on Demand and/or other electronic client record
- Ability to communicate in another language an asset (e.g. Chinese, Spanish, Arabic, Somali, etc.)
English, written and spoken
Fixed Term: August 2018 to February 2019 (0.6FTE PC)
Hourly Rate: $47.166 - $56.826
Pension: Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
How to Apply
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé on or before July 22, 2018 by 11:59pm to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “Nurse Practitioner, RN (Extended Class)”
- The file name for your resume should read:“ (last name)_(first name)_ Resume
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “ (last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter
We thank all applicants but regret that we can only contact those to be invited to an interview.
Candidates with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact us at email@example.com so arrangements can be made. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce and as such all applicants are welcome.