You are here
Advanced Privacy Professional Learning Event
Friday, September 28, 2018 – 8:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Sala Caboto South, 40 Playfair Ave, North York, ON, M6B 2P9
On September 28, join us for our annual Advanced Privacy Professional Learning Event. This event will provide privacy officers with valuable information about changes in the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA), the effects on healthcare privacy, and best practices to ensure compliance.
Hear from senior privacy experts, including:
- Kate Dewhirst, renowned health privacy lawyer;
- Lise Hendlisz, Senior legal counsel, Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
- John Searle, Senior Information Analyst, City of Toronto
- Daniel Breault, Community Development Officer, City of Toronto
- Anna Tersigni-Phelan, Risk/HIM/Privacy Officer, CMHA Waterloo Wellington;
- Jennifer Bechtel, Quality Lead, CMHA Waterloo Wellington;
- Rodney Burns, Chief Information Officer, Alliance for Healthier Communities;
- Simeon Kanev, Privacy Business Analyst, Alliance for Healthier Communities.
Who should attend?
Privacy officers and staff playing a privacy officer/lead role within Community Health Centres (CHCs), Aboriginal Health Access Centres (AHACs), Community Family Health Teams (CFHTs) and Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinics (NPLCs).
Alliance Members: $225 early bird rate until August 31 (regular rate: $250)
Holiday Inn Yorkdale, 3450 Dufferin St, Toronto, ON M6A 2V1 is offering attendees a preferred rate of $179 per night.
How to make your reservation
Individual reservations must be made by September 4, 2018.
Guests can make reservations via:
Online Booking Link: AOHC - Advanced Privacy PLE
- Click on booking link
- Enter dates, scroll down (group code is prepopulated), Click on “Check Availability”
- Click “book this room” on preferred room type
- Fill out information, click next to guarantee reservation with credit card.
- Click “confirm”, confirmation number will appear.
- Make reservation with agent requesting the AOHC - Advanced Privacy PLE group rate